Sunday 31 January 2016

Shout at the Devil - 28mm German WW1 in East Africa



I received a blue ray version of Shout at the Devil recently and it inspired me to paint up some figures to represent the key characters.  For those who haven't seen it the movie is pretty good fun albeit quite comical in places (rubber Crocodile sequence is rubbish!) but it does lend itself as background for an interesting little project.  






To represent the key german character Fleischer I found a mounted officer from Renegade whose moustache I have enhanced and sat him on an old donkey from Foundry (theres a scene where he rides one!)  I also fashioned a leopard skin out of green stuff.  Plan to add a squad of Schutztruppe Askari and some figures to represent the 'Good Guys' - Lee Marvin/Roger Moore and other characters.
28mm WW1 German






1 comment:

  1. They're getting better and better. Everyone admires the Waterloo set that you painted for my birthday - they don't believe you can be colour blind and do stuff like that

    ReplyDelete